2008 Taste of Taiwan Cuisine: A complex to redefine Taiwan's MICE industry
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Ever since the Taste of Taiwan Cuisine, a complex to promote the MICE (meeting, incentive travel, conference, and exhibition) and cultural industries in Taiwan exclusively in June, made its initiation at 2006, the tourism ratio from foreigners were progressively increased in this complex event.
To bring up the MICE industry, Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), the event organizer, arranged several key events including Taipei Trade Shows, travel packages, views, and conferences for international businesspeople. This effectively redefined the MICE industry in Taiwan during the event.
Trade show & conferences: Where buyers discussed from.
As the 2008 WiMAX Expo Taipei and COMPUTEX Taipei jointly showcased in the Taipei World Trade Center Hall 1 - 3, Taipei International Convention Center, and TWTC Nangang, the potential of ICT industry in Taiwan were demonstrated to drive more discussions between international businesspeople during the show hours and conferences.
Products related to current incidents including energy-efficiency, environmental-friendly, and low-prices were highly respected from industrial businesspeople. In addition to several forums and seminars, topical issues including environment and energy-saving were also mentioned during the shows.
Apart from seminars and trade shows, since the TWTC Nangang was launched on March 13, the venue brought opportunities for several industries. As the government claimed to promote the MICE industry positively, Taiwan will keep its stable position on international sourcing center in Asia with more trade shows expanded to TWTC Nangang.
Culture: Its potential were, but figure?
Culinary, historical ancestry, natural views, and country images, are key factors to demonstrate the culture of a nation. Different from them, the creativity and innovations showcased another style in its [cultural] industry.
A good example was the organization of three theme shows for food and packaging industries - "Food Taipei", "Foodtech Taipei", and "Taipei Pack", a collective with different cultures from twenty-seven countries including United States, South Korea, Canada, Japan, Sri Lanka, Austria, Philippines, Chile, Malaysia, Spain, Fiji, Poland, and six nations from Africa.
Not only the shows, the TAITRA also provided several special coupon cards for international businesspeople to discount in several local department stores, hotels, tourism views, and gourmet stores to rise up the tourism industry.
Although the tourism industry was firmly prosper as trade shows went smoothly, but when a great shows took place at Taipei World Trade Center, it still exposed a major problem on transportation although Walter Yeh, Vice President of TAITRA, ever emphasized to improve this critical issue in a press conference.
Other highlights in images
- "2008 TaiSPO & Taipei Cycle: A reunion with more opportunities" — Wikinews, March 13, 2008
- "2008 Computex Preview: A decisive battle for IT industry and trade show quality" — Wikinews, May 11, 2008
- "2008 Taste of Taiwan Cuisine features three shows for food and packaging industries" — Wikinews, June 20, 2008
- Press Release: "COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2008 Closes at a High Point!" — Taiwan External Trade Development Council, June 7, 2008
- Jerry Lin. "Flat panel expo visitors get a taste of Taiwan" — , Jun 13, 2008
- Press Release: "3-in-1 Super Event Sates Your Needs! 2008 FOOD TAIPEI, FOODTECH TAIPEI & TAIPEI PACK Shows" — Taiwan External Trade Development Council, June 16, 2008
- "'Taste of Taiwan Cuisine' presents two local delicacies" — , June 17, 2008