Australian rules football: Bairnsdale join Gippsland League, will play first game in Warragul
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Gippsland League (GL). The GL, and the , regional Victoria's governing Aussie rules body, have all approved the move.will return to Gippsland's major Australian rules football league after members voted to join the
Bairnsdale will field teams in the seniors, under 18 and under 16 grades, but not a reserves side like the rest of the competition. Players not selected in the senior side will be able to play for a club in the East Gippsland minor league, under a unique transfer agreement.
They will play their first game back in the major league in Warragul on April 9 before playing their first home game against Moe a week later.
Their furthest away game will be to Wonthaggi – a one way trip of approximately 224 kilometres.
Related news 
- "Australian rules football: West Gippsland Latrobe Football League becomes Gippsland Football League as Wonthaggi concedes move" — Wikinews, December 10, 2009
- Roslyn Lanigan. "Lions stay at Horsham" — , December 11, 2010
- "Redlegs bound for the major league" — , October 27, 2010
- Roslyn Lonigan. "Bairnsdale in major push" — , October 1, 2010
- Roslyn Lonigan. "Running the Gippsland league" — , August 19, 2010