Bomb hurt seven police in Basque city of Bilbao
Thursday, April 17, 2008
The blast occurred outside an office of the ruling Spanish Socialist Party, and happened after a telephone warning. The building was seriously damaged.
The warning call came a half hour before the explosion, but a police patrol in the area had already spotted a suspicious package near the building. The officers were cordoning off the area when the bomb blasted. Seven were treated for minor injuries.
The bomb blast comes a day after Spain's parliament opened a new session. Five weeks ago, the Socialist Party was also directly attacked when ETA killed a town councilman in the northern Basque town of Mondragon.
- "ETA blamed for Bilbao bomb blast" — , April 17, 2008
- "Seven police hurt in Spanish bomb" — , April 17, 2008
- "7 police injured in bomb blast in northern Spain" — , April 17, 2008
- "Un attentat de l'ETA blesse des policiers à Bilbao" — , April 17, 2008 (French)
- "Estalla una bomba de ETA en la sede socialista en el barrio bilbaíno de La Peña" — , April 17, 2008 (Spanish)
- "ETAk PSE-EEren Bilboko egoitza batean bonba lehertarazi du gaur goizean" — , April 17, 2008 (Basque language)