Christian church leader kidnapped in Pakistan
Friday, December 14, 2007
On the eve of December 7, 2007 Dr. Reginald Humayun, a Christian doctor working for Pennell Memorial Christian Hospital in Bannu, Pakistan, was kidnapped along with his driver while returning from a trip to Dera Ismail Khan.
The doctor, a medical superintendent at that hospital, was also the General Secretary of the Church of Pakistan. The All Pakistan Minority Alliance, the Church of Pakistan and the Christian community as a whole have appealed to the Government to expedite efforts for the doctor's safe recovery.
Dar Ali Khatak, leading the investigation by the Bannu Police has expressed deep concerns and vows to find the hostages though until now no progress has been seen. With the recent state of politics in Pakistan, it is becoming increasingly difficult for those who are providing humanitarian services.
- "Pakistan Church Leader Kidnapped; Christians Killed" — , December 13, 2007
- "Christians appeal for recovery of leader" — , December 12, 2007
- "Christians appeal for safe recovery of Dr. Rejinald" — , December 12, 2007
- "APMA for recovery of Dr. Reginald" — , December 11, 2007
- "Kristillisen sairaalan ylilääkäri kaapattiin Pakistanissa" — , December 11, 2007 (Finnish)
- Dilawar Khan Wazir. "بنوں: مشن ہسپتال کا انچارج اغواء" — , December 10, 2007 (Urdu)