Comments:Mumbai sieges come to an end
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
religion kills and terrorism also kills so the only way to end this is to ban all relgion..............
- Oh yeah that's totally going to work. --220.127.116.11 13:41, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
Yes It will. --18.104.22.168 17:33, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- Okay tell me by banning all worlds religions in the planet that has over 6 billion people. You think their just going to give up their faith? You not only give ammo too the extremes but also attacking moderates people of faith and banning people basic civil rights of the right to practice their faith would never solve anything it would just make things worse. and just wonding would atheism be banned to? It's a religion too. --22.214.171.124 17:46, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
You don't ever want to ban things if avoidable. You make them unnecessary, socially unacceptable, controlled, etc. For example, if you wanted to knock pot smoking back to the minimal levels, you criminalize commercial sales, but legalize growing small quantities at home, thus totally destroying the market. For Religion, you merely need to :
- support civil rights for women & gays, say by adding more strong women and gay characters in TV, and
- encourage science education and scientifically inspired philosophy like Danial Dennet's Breaking the Spell.
If people are shown the harm religion, and shown that religion is mostly unnecessary, then they will mostly abandoned it. I mean, you don't care what people believe, you just care when god people give money to organizations that then give money to terrorists, Bush v2, etc. Nyarlathotep (talk) 18:34, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
--Brian McNeil / talk 23:23, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- There will be, I hope I'm wrong, another backlash by cowardly Hindu nationalists. They are NOTHING but the SCUM of this Earth. I hope Muslims will realise to stand strong together as they have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ATTACKS. If India attacks Pakistan, and it is clear that Pakistan is innocent in this, then the cowardice of India will truly show. Find a stereotype and take your anger out on innocents, they say. The primitive mind of Hindu nationalists always astounds me. "Islolate, detroy, eliminate" were the words of Hitler; shame that India is adopting this theology. The people who carried out these attacks in Mumbai, are of course, unforgivable - where, you tell me, does the Qu'ran state "kill the innocent"?. Ironically the Nationlists adopt this philosophy themselves (see the connection with primitiveness?). Why not adopt a policy of non-hatred; non-aggression? Isn't that what Ghandi taught? Anyway...hate is bad for you. Litrally. Did you know it causes cancer and blood-pressure to sky rocket? Ghandi was intelligent, and probably recognised the consequences of hate. I only hope Hindu nationalists do not commit the vile and putrid acts that the Nazis had done so. Muslims and Hindus have the SAME ANCESTRY. Wake up people. Stop killing each other! It is not funny. 126.96.36.199 02:07, 30 November 2008 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
Unprofessional Counter Terrorist Forces 
The coverage I saw of the Indian security forces was embarrassing. They didn't seem to be well prepared for this type of situation. Perhaps the Indian government should commit to some kind of international cooperative training of its military. I realize that not every hostage situation can end well, but I think the majority of people who see these images will attribute the casualties to an unprofessional counter terrorism force which was poorly equipped for the job. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 22:59, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
India Wins over Terrorism 
It is very unfair for a banned terroris group to take over people and kill them in a brutual manner. Although sources say the casualities are around 155-165 , the actual death toll may bounce upto 200 or more after the final count. India wins over this brutual terrorists act once again proving that it got the capacity and capability to overcome nations involved in terrorists acts. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 02:34, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
fuck what the hell is happening????