Back to article
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
I wonder how long it will take for the real status of the satellite to be known. If the West is saying it did not reach orbit, but the East is saying it did, what are the facts? Here's a question; what frequency is the satellite transmitting at, and can anyone around the world hear the transmission? Chadlupkes (talk) 21:24, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- Is it "the East"? Or just North Korea? Are the Westerners commenting on this politicians with their credibility at stake, or scientists laying out the facts? --Brian McNeil / talk 21:28, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- Well, I'm neither. Initially Russia and China were saying that they thought the satellite was up there, but now Russia can't find it. Hopefully, someone will find it where it landed in the Pacific. I'm not really worried about it, personally. Chadlupkes (talk) 17:14, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
I really hate these motherfuckers. Kim Jong Il needs to find another hobby instead of being the world's biggest douchebag. Can't wait to see America go over and fight a 5'6" man that has to wear platformed shoes. Real tough. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- So, North Korea is the new two-minute hate? Your sudden hatred is not only pointless but the media exposure of such childish behavior just makes relations worse and isolates North Koreans more. That's the opposite of what you should be doing, kid. I wish North Korea luck in developing space technology and its local space industry. Compete with the world in the newest industry and you can leap frog over the wealthy nations. 22.214.171.124 04:23, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
- Yes since on average 2 million people are dying of starvation in N.Korea, but hey good luck with the "space" program and the 1 million strong army.--126.96.36.199 14:46, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
- Well, from what I read about what goes on at N. Korea, they (the communist govt., that is) definitely deserve ridicule. 188.8.131.52 08:38, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
My personal opinion for the North Korean issue is that our president should take this as a personal issue as a threat to our safety. I think though, instead of a stern speech, he should have done a rap, something like:
Yo, North Korea and Kim Jong-il, All these bad weapons, what the fuck is the deal? Thinkin' you all is bad and shit, Putting the world into havoc is what I don't get
I'm not even black.
World War III much?
no way! i just thought it was a satilite launch at first but a long range missile test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!