Former Sudanese rebel leader John Garang sworn in as vice president of Sudan
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
As well as the vice presidency, Garang will have control over the autonomous southern region of Sudan.
"I John Garang Demabior swear by almighty God that as the first vice president of the Republic of the Sudan, I shall be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Republic of the Sudan." He said.
- "Sudan Leader, Ex-Rebel Chief Join Forces" — , July 10, 2005
- Mohamed Osman. "Garang inaugurated in Sudan" — , July 10 2005 at 12:05PM
- "SUDAN PEACE HOPES" — , 10.7.2005. 11:28:10
- Tanalee Smith. "Sudan Leader, Ex-Rebel Chief Join Forces" — , Saturday July 9, 2005 10:46 PM
- "John Garang sworn in as Sudans vice president" — , 7/9/2005 4:00:00 PM GMT
|The text of this article has been released into the public domain. In the event that this is not legally possible, this article may be used for any purpose, without any condition, unless such conditions are required by law. This applies worldwide. Copyright terms on images, however, may vary, so please check individual image pages prior to duplication.
Please note that this only applies to Wikinews content created prior to September 25, 2005. All content created after that date is released under a Creative Commons license which is mentioned at the bottom of each article. This is currently the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.