Iran to conduct missile defense exercise
Saturday, September 26, 2009
The Iranian government has announced that the nation will be participating in a missile defense test which could take place as early as tomorrow.
The exercise is named 'Great Prophet 4' and will involve shooting a variety of live missiles at targets. Reports say the drill will be conducted in several unknown locations and will last for several days. The exercise also falls on the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur.
The announcement comes just hours after the Iranian government stated that the nation was building a second nuclear power facility. The announcement was made in a September 21 letter from the Iranian government to the United Nations Security Council that a second nuclear plant was being constructed in the city of Qom.
Related news 
- "Iran announces its building of a second nuclear power plant" — Wikinews, September 23, 2009
- "Iran announces missile drill" — , September 26, 2009
- Hossein Jaseb. "Iran to stage missile defense exercise Sunday: report" — , September 26, 2009
- "L'Iran annonce de nouveaux essais de missiles" — , September 26, 2009 (French)
- "Missile defense رزمايش Great Prophet (PBUH) 4, begins tomorrow" — , September 26, 2009 (Farsi)