Libertarian U.S. presidential nominee Bob Barr trying to remove running mate Wayne Allyn Root, reports say
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Reports published by various political news websites on Wednesday night said that there may be a movement within theto replace its vice presidential nominee, .
This comes after(LNC) representative Stuart Flood made a motion to remove Root from the ballot over remarks that the latter made in a recent interview with . Many found these remarks to be racially insensitive.
It is reported that Libertarian presidential nominee and formerwants Root off of the ballot as well, which some believe is the reason that the Barr campaign supposedly advised party to keep Angela Keaton, a probable vote for Root’s removal, on the LNC. Over the past few weeks, several members of the LNC have been trying to remove Keaton from the committee because of what they felt were sexually inappropriate comments written by her in a blog.
HAVE YOUR SAY
Should Bob Barr remove Wayne Allyn Root and find another vice presidential running mate?
Barr has been the subject of controversy for over a week because of his last-minute refusal to attend formerpresidential hopeful 's third party unity conference at the in last Wednesday.
Related news 
- "Libertarian National Committee motion to chastise Ron Paul for not endorsing U.S. presidential nominee Bob Barr released" — Wikinews, September 17, 2008
- "Libertarian National Committee in fierce deadlock over how to address growing Bob Barr controversies" — Wikinews, September 15, 2008
- "Plans set in motion for the removal of Bob Barr as the Libertarian Party's U.S. presidential nominee" — Wikinews, September 13, 2008
- "Controversy spreads over Libertarian U.S. presidential nominee Bob Barr" — Wikinews, September 12, 2008
- "New LNConspiracy rumor: Barr wants Root out" — , September 17, 2008
- "Why Bob Barr really offered to replace Wayne Allyn Root with Ron Paul" — , September 17, 2008
- "Angela Keaton with the evidence that the Libertarian National Committee doesn't care about state and local candidates" — , September 6, 2008
- Matt Welch. "Wayne Allyn Root's Million-Dollar Challenge" — , September 5, 2008