New Zealand's Adam Hall and Corey Peters finish run at 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships
Friday, March 1, 2013
With the IPC Alpine World Championships officially ending Wednesday with the conclusion of the national team non-medal friendly competition a day after the competition's official closing ceremony, New Zealand's and Corey Peters have completed their run. Their country did not compete in the team competition as they did not have enough skiers to form a team.
With their first event the second race of the competition, Hall finished ninth in the men's standing Austrian Markus Salcher. Peters finished the Super-G with a time of 1:18.95 in the men's sitting group for a 22 place finish in a field of 25 skiers.with a time of 1:16.65, 4.16 seconds off the winning time set by
Hall had his best finish at the Championships on the third day of competition when he earned a bronze medal in the. Peters did not fair as well, earning a (DNF) during his second run in the Slalom and consequently not ranking.
In the, Hall finished ninth with a combined run time of 1:49.87, 7.43 seconds slower than first place finisher Austrian Matthias Lanzinger. Peters's problems continued, as he earned a DNF during his first run.
Peters finished tenth in the Japanese gold medalist Taiki Morri. Hall skipped the event., with a combined run time of 2:37.73, 21.93 seconds slower than
Despite New Zealand's small size, the country has a history of doing well at the Winter Paralympics. Most recently, the country saw success when Hall won a gold medal in the men's standing event at the 2010 Winter Paralympics in Vancouver.
- "Austria wins friendly team competition at end of 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships" — Wikinews, February 28, 2013
- "France finishes 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships on top of medal ladder " — Wikinews, February 26, 2013
- "Austria regains medal leadboard after fourth competition day of 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships" — Wikinews, February 26, 2013
- "France leads medal count after third competition day of 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships" — Wikinews, February 225, 2013
- "Austria leads medal count after second day of 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships" — Wikinews, February 22, 2013
- "Wikinews interviews New Zealand Paralympic skier Adam Hall" — Wikinews, December 19, 2012