Oral Roberts University accountant claims he was ordered to "cook the books"
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
A former accountant for Oral Roberts University (ORU) has filed a lawsuit against ORU and its Board of Regents claiming he was told by and his wife Lindsay to " ", hiding financial wrongdoing from authorities and the public. Trent Huddleston, the accountant, has filed suit against the school and the Robertses claiming he "was improperly and unlawfully directed to perform functions and duties in violation of state and federal law in an effort by the defendants to 'cook the books' and hide from the appropriate authorities and the public the continued wrongdoing, improper and illegal conduct of the defendants, and in particular, of Richard and Lindsay Roberts."
Huddleston said that nearly $123,000 in remodeling fees for their home was paid by Oral Roberts University and Oral Roberts Ministries. In addition the lawsuit alleges $4,000 was spent on a pool table for the Robertses. Previously the Roberts were accused of illegal political and financial wrongdoing, which forced the president to step down from his positison.
Last week at a meeting called by, founder of the University and former , a majority of the faculty voted against allowing Richard to serve as president.
An ORU spokesman declined to comment on latest lawsuit and the faculty meeting.
In other news,released emails between Richard and his political adviser and sister-in-law, Stephanie Cantees. The emails given by an anonymous source, show the two plan to gain political influence using ORU students.
Related news 
- "Oral Roberts University president accused of illegal political donations and financial misappropriation" — Wikinews, October 5, 2007
- "Oral Roberts Accountant Sues Over Firing" — , November 21, 2007
- "ORU weekly e-mails checked: The 2004-06 postings are purportedly to Richard Roberts from his political adviser and sister-in-law" — , November 21, 2007
- "ORU hit with three new lawsuits" — , November 21, 2007
- "Lawsuit: Employee ordered to help "cook the books."" — , November 21, 2007
- "Teen mentioned in ORU case comes forward" — , November 21, 2007
- "Wrongful termination suit filed by Trent Huddleston" — , November 21, 2007
- "Oral Roberts University Lawsuit Collection" — , November 2007
- "Swails, Brooker, Brooker v. Oral Roberts University, Board of Regents et al" — , October 13, 2007