Oral Roberts University attorneys seek gag order
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Attorneys for Oral Roberts University requested a on court filings related to alleged illegal political and financial wrongdoing as well as wrongful firings. According to a court filing, ORU believes "their legal motion that publicity allegedly manipulated by the professors and their attorneys could lower the possibility of a fair trial. They want the professors and their attorneys barred from talking about the case outside of court." Specifically, "The motion refers to a report allegedly compiled by Roberts' sister-in-law, Stephanie Cantees, that Roberts has said consists of false rumors."
Also on Friday, the ORU Regents hired the Washington, D.C. law firm of to investigate ORU expenses and the Arlington, Texas accounting firm will support the investigation.
The controversy has forced ORU presidentto step down as his father returns to the school. ORU Board of Regents Chairman said the change was temporary and did not imply guilt.
Related news 
- "Oral Roberts University president accused of illegal political donations and financial misappropriation" — Wikinews, October 5, 2007
- "ORU attorneys ask for gag order in court filings" — , October 27, 2007
- "Lawyers for ORU, Roberts fire back" — , October 27, 2007
- "ORU hires law firm for probe" — , October 27, 2007
- "Oral Roberts University Lawsuit Collection" — , October 2007
- "Oral Roberts Shaken by Scandal" — , October 19, 2007
- "President of Oral Roberts to Take Leave of Absence" — , October 18, 2007
- "Swails, Brooker, Brooker v. Oral Roberts University, Board of Regents et al" — , October 13, 2007
- Stephanie Cantees. "Scandal Vulnerability Assessment" — , October 2007