Pennsylvania man admits to June 25 beating of elderly woman
Wednesday, July 6, 2005
Joshua J. Goyette allegedly confessed to breaking into a Saxonburg, Pennsylvania retirement home and beating 86-year-old Gertrude "Trudy" Johanson in the early morning of June 25, 2005. The crime, which shocked the small community north of Pittsburgh, was not the only one which occurred recently at area retirement homes. Goyette is also suspected in a May incident where another apartment at the Commons of Saxonburg was broken into through a first floor window and the 90-year-old woman inside was groped while she slept.
The alleged confession was given last Thursday, June 30, 2005, in New Bedford, Massachusetts, to Pennsylvania state police investigators. Goyette is currently being held in the Butler County prison in lieu of $300,000 cash bond. He faces charges of attempted homicide, aggravated assault, burglary and criminal mischief.
- Bobby Kerlik. "Suspect in beating arrested in Mass." — , June 29, 2005
- "Suspect In Saxonburg Assault Found In Massachusetts" — , June 29, 2005
- Karen Kane. "Saxonburg beating suspect in custody" — , June 30, 2005
- "DA to Charge Saxonburg Suspect with Attempted Homicide" — , July 1, 2005
- Richard Byrne Reilly. "Man to be charged in brutal beating" — , July 2, 2005
- "Man Accused Of Saxonburg Attack Is Back In Town" — , July 2, 2005
- Associated Press. "Mass. man charged in brutal beating" — , July 3, 2005
|The text of this article has been released into the public domain. In the event that this is not legally possible, this article may be used for any purpose, without any condition, unless such conditions are required by law. This applies worldwide. Copyright terms on images, however, may vary, so please check individual image pages prior to duplication.
Please note that this only applies to Wikinews content created prior to September 25, 2005. All content created after that date is released under a Creative Commons license which is mentioned at the bottom of each article. This is currently the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.