From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Create an obituary
How to prepare an obituary
- Create the article as a subpage of Portal:Prepared stories (use the input box above.) Naming examples:
- Start with a 1-2 sentence summary of the subject's death. While the specifics of a person's death may differ from your version, that can be changed as necessary. Example:
- Former United States President Gerald Ford has died at his home in Rancho Mirage, California at the age of 92.
- The rest of the article should be about the subject's life. Include important details and events in their lives. Anything else can be added upon the subject's death.
- Finally, add a photo of the subject if a public domain or Creative Commons-licensed photo can be found. Fair use photos probably should not be used, as their fair use rationale is questionable in a prepared story. If you cannot find one, don't worry about it; it can be added when the article is published.
(Sorted alphabetically by last name)
- Bush, George W., U.S. President
- Carter, Jimmy, U.S. President - in decent shape.
- Ford, Gerald, U.S. President - could be expanded, especially re. early years.
- Sharon, Ariel, Israeli Prime Minister - could add a lot more info.