Queensland state election shorts: January 30, 2012
From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Monday, January 30, 2012
If you believe any of these stories deserves more in-depth coverage, feel free to write a full article on the issues raised.
|DISCLOSURE: This article's primary contributor, Patrick Gillett, is a member of the Queensland Greens, one of the parties contesting this election.|
Clean sweep in north: Katter
Its founder claimswill make a clean sweep of seats in the far north of Queensland. "We've seen enough in-depth polling to believe that that is not an unreasonable expectation," told reporters in .
The federalindicated that the party was not "not all that interested in talking about preferences."
- Petrina Berry, Patrick Caruana & Tracey Ferrier. "Katter predicts clean sweep in north Qld" — , January 26, 2012
- Daniel Strudwick. "Katter tips a clean sweep in the Far North" — , January 27, 2012
Sunshine Coast Greens launch campaign
The variousbranches of the collectively launched their candidates on Friday. , Queensland Greens in the federal parliament; and Adam Stone, Greens candidate for , were guest speakers.
- "Greens launch Sunshine Coast Candidates" — , January 27, 2012
- This article contains original reporting by Wikinews user Patrick Gillett. Further details can be found on the talk page.
Give bush pollie's a go: Member for Gregory
The current Member forhas objected that the front bench of the (LNP) lacks regional Members of Parliament. Vaughan Johnson asserted that "it doesn't all happen in the southeast corner".
LNP leaderacknowledged the sentiment saying, "Regional Queensland ... must be represented [in cabinet]."
- Koren Helbig. "LNP Gregory MP Vaughan Johnson's plea to give bush politicians a go" — , January 28, 2012
- Larine Statham (LNP cabinet debate shows divisions: KAP" — , January 27, 2012 ). "