Vettel wins 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix, securing Constructors' Championship for Red Bull
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Brazilian Formula One Grand Prix at the in on Sunday. This secures victory for their two-car Red Bull team in the 2010 Constructors' Cup, with one race left. However, the Drivers' Championship is yet to be decided. The will be the decider in a season of close competition.drivers and took the top two podium places in the
Surprisingly,started the race in pole position. But Hülkenberg couldn't delay Vettel beyond the first corner, his being passed later in the opening lap by Webber and 's . Hülkenberg finished 8th, the first car to finish a lap behind the winner.
( ) started 4th, but was overtaken by Alonso after an error. He and teammate saw the chequered flag 4th and 5th.
drivers and finished 6th and 7th, on the same lap as winner Vettel.
A high-speed accident involving's triggered a safety car twenty laps from the end, preventing overtaking for several laps and mixing up both lapped and leading cars.
Alonso, who grabbed the remaining podium place, still leads the Drivers' Championship with 246 points. Both Webber and Vettel closed the gap to 8 and 15 points respectively.
Russian prime minister test drives F1 car 
Other Formula One racing news came from Russia on Sunday, as Prime Minister Putin tested the of in . Putin has been known previously to test his skills piloting fighter jets and firefighting aircraft. Early in October, Putin signed a deal for the , to be held at from 2014 onwards.
HAVE YOUR SAY
Hamilton, Vettel, Webber, or Alonso: who will win the championship?
- "Race results - Vettel wins to keep title hopes alive" — , November 7, 2010
- Andrew Benson. "Sebastian Vettel wins in Brazil to keep title race alive" — , November 7, 2010
- "Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel wins in Brazil to take title to the wire" — , November 7, 2010
- Alexey Druzhinin. "Russia's Putin drives Formula 1 car at 150 miles per hour" — , November 7, 2010
- "Standings: FIA Formula 1 drivers' world championship" — , November 7, 2010