Sebastian Vettel wins 2010 Japanese Grand Prix
Sunday, October 10, 2010
crashed early in a free practice damaging his suspension, but was able to participate in a qualifying session using a spare car. Though Hamilton posted the third fastest time, he lost 5 places on the starting grid for a gearbox change.
Afterlost a rear wheel from his car and retired from the race, it was who owned the third place on the podium for , to follow his floodlit win at
( ) passed his teammate Hamilton after the latter lost his third gear. They finished fourth and fifth.
lost his rear wheel and retired just as Kubica did earlier. His teammate came sixth for factory team.
Twoof and , a of and a of closed the top ten drivers in the finishing lap with the leader.
The situation in the season standings tightens as both Alonso and Vettel are now 14 points behind Mark Webber, and the two McLaren drivers are following on their heels. Constructor championship standings are more clearly owned by Red Bull, as McLaren is 45 points behind and Ferrari is 92 points behind.
Related news 
- "Sebastian Vettel wins 2009 Japanese Grand Prix" — Wikinews, Sunday, October 4, 2009
- "Fernando Alonso wins 2010 Singapore Grand Prix" — Wikinews, Monday, September 27, 2010
- "Race - Vettel heads Red Bull one-two in Japan" — , October 10, 2010
- Dan Baynes. "Vettel Wins Japan Grand Prix as Webber Extends His F-1 Championship Lead" — , October 10, 2010
- Brad Spurgeon. "Vettel Wins Japanese Grand Prix" — , October 10, 2010