Suicide attack at Karni crossing between Gaza Strip, Israel
Thursday, January 13, 2005
Three Palestinian militants attacked the Karni crossing between the Gaza Strip and Israel. The men, each from different Palestinian militant movements (Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, the Popular Resistance Committees, and the military wing of Hamas), used a 200 pound bomb to blast through an iron door that separates the Israeli and Palestinian sides at the checkpoint. They proceeded to throw grenades and fire their assault weapons. All three attackers were shot dead by Israeli soldiers. Early reports indictated three Israelis killed, the final death toll was six Israelis and the three Palestinian attackers.
The attack took place at about 11pm local time.
As a result of the attack, Israel has cut off all links with the newly-elected Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas.
- "Suicide attack at Gaza Crossing" — ,
- "Suicide Blasts Kill 3 Israelis in Gaza" — , Thu, Jan 13, 2005
- "Five Dead, 10 Wounded in Gaza Attack" — ,
- "Five dead in Gaza bombing" — , Friday, January 14, 2005. 9:14am (AEDT)
- Amos Harel. "Inquiry: Karni attackers had false permits" — , Sun, Jan 16, 2005
- Shuki. "Terror attack at Karni Crossing" — , January 13, 2005 (added Jan 13, 2006)