Talk:Brazilian President son's photoblog causes polemic
Question about byline
I think we need to add evidence of "polemic." 18.104.22.168 17:57, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- I am not sure if the word I have used("polemic") is accurate. How do you say in English when everybody talks a lot about some subject? I dont like this kind of news very much. First, I didnt know whether I should publish it or not. But since it appeared in every newspaper here and there were a lot of buzz in internet about it, I have decided to publish it.-- Carlosar 20:51, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Where are you located, Carlosar? - Amgine 00:42, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Brazil -- Carlosar 20:51, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Great! Hope you don't mind if I use you as a Brazil/Portuguese expert? - Amgine 20:59, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Would you say this story is in "politics and conflicts" category? I categorized it into "Culture and entertainment" but without much confidence, I have to say..Tomos 08:27, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- It is difficult to find a good place for it. I dont think "Conflicts" is appropriate, but I think "politics" is ok. The news is about internet, so maybe you could put it at "Science and technology" too. I dont think "Culture and entertainment" is appropriate, but this is a matter of opinion too.-- Carlosar 20:51, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
I suggest you revise the article and ask me about any doubt. Since I am not a native English speaker, I can write something not accurate, althought my efforts . -- Carlosar 20:51, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- I suggest the word "buzz". - Amgine
Some comments about the revision
...as well as travelling by motor boat in Paranoá lake, along the Brazilian soccer player Pelé
- These are two different pictures. In one picture the teenagers are in a motor boat. In another picture they are with Pelé. They are not with Pelé in a motor boat. Is it written correctly? Please, check it-- Carlosar 22:17, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
You can see some of the pictures at the See Also section. -- Carlosar 22:20, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
I have translated the text below the pictures of AOL Notícias.:
The text was written by the teenagers who published their own photos.
- Photo 1:
'Mto boa essa foto né! haha Melhor viagem da minha vida!! hehe vai ficar marcada O pessoal que foi sem comentarios... passei q curtir eles mais ainda' This picture is very good, isn't it? haha It is the best trip of my life!! hehe It will be maked off. About the people, I have no comments... I enjoyed more of them
- Photo 2:
Ai tah eu o lula e o gringo pulando na piscina lah d cima!!!era mto bacana pular d lah uahuhauahahuuauhahuaa Abraçao pra diretoria!' Here is me, Lula (note:President Lula son) and alien jumping in the swimming pool from above!!! it was very nice jumping off there uahuhauahahuuauhahuaa A great hug to the directorship!
- Photo3: (note:this picture is at Granja do Torto)
'Eu e o tato em brasiliaa.... essa foto eh só pra matar a saudades desse lugar lindooo!!!' Me and Tato in Brasiliaa(sic).. This photo is for nostalgia of this beautifuuull place!!!
- Photo 4:(note:a walk around Paranoá lake in a motor boat).
Bom...agora vo colocar só as fotos da viagem! Meninas gostei mto de conhecer vcs!! Vcs são mto gente boa!!' Well..now I will put just the photos of the trip! Girls I enjoyed meet you very much!!! You are very much good people!!
- Photo 5:(note:the group supposedly went to Brasilia in a FAB-Brazilian Air Force- airplane)
'Aeeee eu sei q o combinado era naum colocar foto igual e td mais mas essa foto tah mto loka e eu num pude deixar d coloca - la aki intaum foi mal gino! Mas se liga quero fazer uma homenagem a tds da foto mais o lucao q bateu essa!' Aeeee I know that the deal was not putting the same pictures and etc but this photo is very crazy and I could not have had it out! But be attention, I want to honor you everybody of the pictures and the Lucao who shoot this one!
- Photo 6:
'Cheguei hj de viagem... e que viagem hein?! Nossa mtooooooooo boa, uma das melhores q ja fui... foi uma pena eu ter q vir embora antes, mas mesmo assim deu pra curtir mto!!! Pessoal aproveitem ai bastanteee e quero uma foto do Pelé ta??? hehe' I came from the trip today... and what a trip hein?! Nossa(exclamation expression) veryyyyyyyyyy good, it was one of the best I have participated.. It was too bad but I had to come back early, but I could enjoy it anyway very much!!! Guys enjoy a lot and I want a photo of Pelé, ok??? hehe
- Photo 7:
'fotinho do time do zecaaa! ahahahahahahhahaha aee diretoria eh nois!! abraç tb praos mulks do sitio!' Zeca team picture! ahahahahahahhahaha hey directorship, it is us!! Hug to the farm boys!
For wikinews, the photo captions in the article should only mention photo subjects, date and source of the graphic, and/or relevance to the article. For example, the caption might say "One of the pictures posted online at url by photographer on date." You would need to have a link to proof of who posted the graphic, since the graphic could just as easily have been posted by one of Lula's opponents. - Amgine 01:13, 13 Jan 2005 (UTC)
These photos were taken from the personal photoblogs of the friends of Lula(they first posted the photos). These photoblogs are the original sources and they are mentioned in: At first, the photos appeared in the photoblogs www.fotolog.net/tata_lulu, www.fotolog.net/feijao_fodao and www.fotolog.net/gringo_mi The photos were removed from these photoblogs as soon the news appeared at the newspapers. The photos were shot by the teenagers themselves for their personal photoblogs, there is no professional photographer(or journalist, politic,etc) responsible for the photos, and the photos were not produced without the knowlodge of the people involved (they shot the pictures themselves). The teenagers you see in the photos shot the photos. Other people and newspapers copied the pictures later because the photos were freely available at internet(like any other photoblog). These pictures were not posted by Lula's enemies (you can call this case of a "friend fire"). Also, if the pictures have had been posted by Lula enemies, the goverment have had reacted energetically, but that didn't happened, the government prefered the silence. Suggestion: do a search in Google for "Lula ferias alvorada" (Lula vacations alvorada, in English). You will see 5.930 articles and all say the something about the story. There is one single article saying that the story was prepared by Lula enemies, so there is no motive for worrying about it. I hope I could make myself clear. Anyway if you see that something is not clear in the article, I suggest(and appreciate) you do some corrections in it. Thanks. -- Carlosar
This case has some similarity with the article American teenage girl charged with murder of her mother, although the story is very different(one it is about a crime, another about teenagers fun). In both cases you have references to photoblogs. -- Carlosar 13:28, 13 Jan 2005 (UTC)
This article may rise some questions about the use of pictures from photoblogs.
- Is it correct the use of pictures of personal photoblogs?
- And if the photos are distributed over internet and after beem published by the newspapers and other media? Is it correct using them? -- Carlosar 13:50, 13 Jan 2005 (UTC)
image deleted in commons. no source information. --22.214.171.124 07:08, 21 February 2006 (UTC)