Talk:Man shot on London Underground unconnected to bombing, says Scotland Yard
goodness me wikinews. wikipedias article on the dead guy is much bigger by now
- We're a news service, not an encyclopaedia. We told the world this news long before Wikipedia did - that's our job. Dan100 (Talk) 11:15, 24 July 2005 (UTC)
Shameful "terrorist" type behavior by British police in my opinion. Paulrevere2005 18:08, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
Shouldn't this now be described as a murder? -AC
- Yes, agreed. Eyewitness accounts are clear that the poor guy was already on the floor and they deliberately killed him. This is certainly a murder by any reasonable definition. 22.214.171.124 06:12, 24 July 2005 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, the citizenry of the UK,like that of the US, has become so sheepish and cowardly that murder,lies and torture by our governments are allowed to continue with little/no public outcry. The buck stops here. Paulrevere2005 11:10, 24 July 2005 (UTC)
Previous article say he was followed onto train by 3 plainclothes policeman. How was he supposed to know they were police? Maybe his english was poor. Ran away, must be guilty. THIS incident increases terror.126.96.36.199 18:57, 24 July 2005 (UTC)
Reuters speculation 
I cut this as Reuters is wrong. Nothing has changed; British police do not have to give any kind of warning when they believe there is an "immenent threat to life" . Dan100 (Talk) 18:42, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
- Reuters also refers to "aiming for the head" when in fact the victim was shot in the chest. Dan100 (Talk) 18:43, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
- Heads up;Dan; just heard on CNN that the unarmed victim was shot 3 times in the head. Paulrevere2005 19:33, 24 July 2005 (UTC)
According to pretty much every UK media source it is clear he was shot five times in the head. Even the Police are admitting that in cases where the person is a suspected suicide bomber it is considered "correct" to shoot five times in the head in order to minimise the ability of the individual to detonate their device. Of course, we now know this guy had no bomb, no record and no connection with terrorism. (source BBC News 24, not looked up a text source for this)
British citizens who are not eyewitnesses should refrain from promoting Government spin on these news stories. 
I am trying to do something about the blatant pro-government POV in this story (The POV is shown by the minimizing of the eyewitness accounts of the "execution style" killing of this innocent man and by not mentioning the Police Commissioner lied yesterday;eg; " A day earlier, the police commissioner said the man was "directly linked" to Thursday's attacks" AP []. Why is the AP source not being allowed in?? Paulrevere2005 18:51, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
George Bush Sr. has 12 prime military aged grand children(7 men and 5 women). None of them are fighting for freedom; they are all lounging in Maine and Palm Beach. The link above shows how Bush Team #1 engineered WW III by giving Saddam the "green light" for attacking Kuwait; If you do not feel like reading the entire transcript, you can scroll to the section in red where the U.S. Ambassador,upon instructions from President Bush Sr., assures Saddam that the U.S. will not intervene in the Iraq/Kuwait conflict.
"We have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait. we express no opinion on this issue and the issue is not associated with America."
Then, like a good papa hyena, Bush Sr. left some of his catch for his cub to finish eating. As Paul Harvey always said.."now, that's the rest of the story." Paulrevere2005 22:51, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
- Not even you could believe half the bollocks you write.
It is hard to believe; but the transcript(link) is the transcript; and I didn't write that. Paulrevere2005 11:18, 24 July 2005 (UTC)
should say 'fatally' shot, imo
How packed was tube train? 
Has anyone seen reports of how crowded the Tube train was when the guy was shot? That seems like a rather important bit of context in explaining why the officers may have done what they did. --NeuronExMachina 11:46, 24 July 2005 (UTC)
comment on UK "terror raids" 
see the link below for an interesting article re: Forest Gate "terror raid" which resulted in another innocent man shot by Metropolitan Police in context of raids in connection with alleged "terror threats"
"Forest Gate: botched terror raid claims more innocent victims"