Talk:Mothers, teachers concerned about leukemia deaths at California elementary school
- Why "mothers" and not "parents"? Submarine 06:44, 28 May 2005 (UTC)
- Because there were no fathers at the meeting. NGerda 06:45, May 28, 2005 (UTC)
- I get so pissed off at the way we allow our children to be poisoned and killed by polluting companies,cars and governments. We are all responsible for this outrage. It is so stupid that we still allow these polluters to operate in 2005. The fact the kids get hurt the most is what REALLY PISSES ME OFF!! Paulrevere2005 17:29, 28 May 2005 (UTC)
- Now that you've written a story about it that is going to be read by many people via wikinews, why don't you have some type of direct action that readers can take--perhaps give the email of council members who need to know that ignoring health hazards is not acceptable. I'm not sure what exactly to have, but have something. 22.214.171.124 17:56, May 28, 2005 (UTC)
- I'll include the emails at the end of the article. NGerda 18:01, May 28, 2005 (UTC)
This doesn't just happen in the Santa Ana area- and it doen't just happen to Hispanics. 126.96.36.199 11:40, May 28, 2005 (UTC)
- I never said it did. NGerda 11:58, May 28, 2005 (UTC)
Original reporting 
I attended the meeting on May 26, 2005 on behalf of Wikinews. All research not attributed to a source was compiled by me. NGerda 19:40, May 27, 2005 (UTC)
There is a common thread here.. 
Don't have the links available yet, but just as a starting point please check keywords such as "Norco" and "Wyle Labs". It is early Sept and I have just discovered these postings but here in Norco we have had similar 'clusters' of illness (all of which have been disavowed by those responsible for watchdogging our health..) and the folks here are starting to make progress. I say 'the folks' because I live in this city and work freelance for the traditional TV News media but they have shown little to NO interest in the story even though we now seem to be on the Superfund cleanup list.
what about emf 
the news stories state that the county checked the soil and water and found nothing.
but...did anyone check the EMF (electro-magnetic field) levels at the school, or in the neighborhood. inconclusive link, but high emf may be caused by nearby power wires, or floor heating coils used in some large facilities.