Talk:Results of the 2005 New Zealand General Election
How you can help on election day
- Copy & paste the appropriate text from the list below, adding the word "gain", "lose", or "hold" between the parentheses, into the gain/lose/hold tables when a constituency declares its results. (Please use section editing.) As you do so:
- Keep the table of totals up-to-date. (Increment each total as you go along. Don't paste in the totals from a source. Different sources will have different totals, because they aren't synchronized with one another. It is best, for the sake of self-consistency alone, if our totals reflect what our gain/lose/hold tables say.)
- Watch interviews, speeches, and public statements. A set of quotations from prominent political figures helps to make this more than a bare set of statistics. Aim for the same format as used at Pope John Paul II dies#Tributes, including citing the interviewer if it is an interview.
- Watch the reactions of the stock markets and of other countries.
Party entries for copying and pasting
- style="background:red; color:black;"|Labour ()
- style="background:blue; color:white;"|National ()
- style="background:grey; color:black;"|NZ First ()
- style="background:cyan; color:black;"|ACT ()
- style="background:pink; color:black;"|Destiny ()
- style="background:green; color:white;"|Green ()
- style="background:black; color:red;"|National Front ()
- style="background:brown; color:white;"|Maori ()
- style="background:lightgrey; color:black;"|Progressive ()
- style="background:purple; color:white;"|United Future ()
- style="background:yellow; color:black;"|WIN ()
|Labour ()||National ()||NZ First ()||ACT ()||Destiny ()||Green ()|
|National Front ()||Maori ()||Progressive ()||United Future ()||WIN ()|
2mcm 21:00, 16 September 2005 (UTC)
dark / light
- Labour : #FF0000 / #FFDEDE
- Nats : #0000FF / CDEEFF
- NzFirst : #000000 / #7B7D7B
Use the bark color if using a custom forground and the light if using a custom background. 2mcm 20:54, 16 September 2005 (UTC)
How you can help before election day
- Find and upload (to Commons) public domain images of the various party leaders (only upload "fair use" images here if there is no PD recourse), and add images here accordingly.
- Complete the list of parties, that are fielding candidates, in the results by party table.
- Cross-reference to per-constituency articles on Wikipedia for the detailed results. See Results of 2005 United Kingdom General Election for how to do this.
Need help with colors
Please choose colors to represent ALCP and republic, thanks.
Do we have some body to do this
Expected time of result
"The chief electoral officer’s target is to have 50% of polling place results available by 10pm on election night and 100% of polling place results available by 11.30pm." --http://elections.org.nz/elections/results.html -- 2mcm
- All results are in. Hehe, Labour have won. 57 seats with Green-Progressive coalition, 60 with United Future. The most the Nats can garner is 51 with just ACT, 54 with UF. Take THAT, conservatives! I am happy. And, will there be some sort of analysis, commentary on the most likely government? --184.108.40.206 13:18, 17 September 2005 (UTC)
Hi, I just got home from running the computers for this. There is no need for the mirror of the results. During the evening there were approximately 15 million hits on the public website, and it coped just fine... Also, for more detailed information (polling place level results) there are some XLS files in /ppstats/ and there is a whole tree of information under /media/ on the official site.