Thai government reportedly planning Internet censorship
Thursday, January 26, 2006
The report claims that a document was submitted to the Communications Authority of Thailand urging a block be issued against the site as the current calls for participation in anti-government rallies by outspoken government critic Sondhi Limthongkul may be a threat to social order.
Other reports claim that CAT Telecom cut off a live satellite broadcast by Sondi on the ASTV satellite network on Tuesday evening during a discussion related to a planned anti-government rally on February 4.
Related news 
- "Sondhi continues using Thailand Weekly show to attack PM" — Wikinews, January 14, 2006
- "Thai PM sues media critic for one billion Baht" — Wikinews, November 17, 2005
- Committee to Protect Journalists. "Government moves to block cable news station and website of critical media owner" — , January 27, 2006
- "Manager site deemed to cause 'social chaos'" — , January 26, 2006
- Thaiday. "Government denies plan to censor Manager website" — , January 26, 2006
- "Care urged for anti-Thaksin rally" — , January 26, 2006
- Tna. "Thaksin soft-pedals Sondhi-led anti-government rally" — , January 24, 2006