Tropical storm Richard forms, drifts towards Honduras
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Caribbean Thursday and is currently moving slowly westward towards Honduras. A gradual motion to the west is expected later on, and the tropical storm is forecast to impact Honduras and then the . As a result, several watches and warnings are in effect for Honduras from its border with Nicaragua west to and the Bay islands.formed in the western
Richard currently sustains winds of 45 mph (75 kph) and is expected to strengthen further, possibly into a hurricane by Saturday. Richard has dumped heavy rains over Jamaica and is expected to produce rainfall in Honduras, then trek towards the Yucatan Peninsula and enter the Gulf of Mexico.
Richard has already caused widespread flooding across western parishes of Jamaica, which is currently under a flash flood watch. A hurricane watch and tropical storm warning are in effect for the north coast of Honduras from the Nicaragua/Honduras border westward to Limón to the Bay islands. A hurricane watch is in effect for eastern Mexico from Gruesa to Chetumal. There is also a tropical storm watch up for Belize and a tropical storm warning for Honduras from Limón westward to the Guatemala border. Richard is not expected to be a threat to oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.
- "Public advisory 8A" — , October 22, 2010
- Associated Press. "Tropical Storm Richard Spins In Caribbean" — , October 22, 2010
- "Roadways in western parishes flooded" — , October 21, 2010
- "ODPEM monitoring western parishes" — , October 21, 2010
- "Flash flood warning extended for Jamaica" — , October 21, 2010
- National Hurricane Center. "Tropical Storm Richard 11pm Update" — , October 21, 2010
- Brian K. Sullivan. "Richard Becomes Atlantic's 17th Named Storm, Forecast to Intensify Soon" — , October 21, 2010