US X Factor producers confirm line-up changes
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
The production companies of the United States television programme have confirmed that has been removed from the judging panel for the show.
, the show's broadcaster, made the announcement on Monday alongside and , the production companies of the programme. has also been reported to take up the position Cole will vacate. , a former presenter, will now be the solitary presenter of the programme. The three other judges on the panel will consist of , and .
Fox and the production companies have stated: "Nicole Scherzinger will be replacing Cheryl Cole on the judging panel of The X Factor. Nicole will join Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid and Paula Abdul on their search across America to find the next global superstar or group to win the life-changing5 million dollar recording deal. Nicole has previously joined Simon Cowell as a guest judge on The X Factor for the UK version of the show in 2010. Steve Jones will act as sole host of The X Factor."
Having previously been released from her position, Cole declined the opportunity to reclaim her position on. On Saturday, the programme makers gave Cole a time period of 24 hours to decide whether or not to be a judge on The X Factor US once again; she subquently rejected the offer.
- Andrea Magrath. "It's official: Cheryl is out (again) and Nicole Scherzinger IS replacing her on U.S. X Factor" — , June 6, 2011
- "X Factor confirms Cheryl Cole not a judge in US show" — , June 6, 2011
- ITN. "Nicole Scherzinger officially replaces Cheryl Cole" — , June 6, 2011
- The X Factor at fox.com
- The X Factor USA on YouTube
- The X Factor USA on Twitter
- The X Factor (USA) on Facebook
- The X Factor U.S. on Myspace