On Hold till after Finals calm down
Page for my personal challenge that I am issuing myself.
Every so often I come back from a school induced wikibreak to write articles for Wikinews. I'm a news junkie, and I like the way wikinews is set up to cover things. It doesn't seem to be working as well. Or, at the least, it seems to be floundering a bit. My personal committment to fix this will focus on a challenge I am issuing to myself.
- Article production seems to be way down for the amount of users we have. Instead of writing, we are arguing on talk pages and getting angry at each other.
- Article Collaboration is way down. Instead of editors working together to ensure that we have good, solid articles written and published, we are basically writing a story, claiming ownership, and publishing near to immediatly.
- There are constant fights on articles, with rather biased crowds claiming that they see biases in articles - tagging them, attacking them, deleting things, without actually trying to improve the article. This has happened from multiple people, but in each instance tensions rise and collaboration falls.
- Due to the above, the quality of the articles and wikinews in general has dropped.
- Also due to the above, the sense of community in wikinews has died.
- I will write at least one article a day.
- I will collaborate and significantly comment on or edit one article a day.
- If I miss a day, I will be able to make that up by writing or working on two articles another day.
- I will actively work to encourage others to do the same.
Articles written - 7 days behind
- March 30th: Luxembourg, India spar over Arcelor takeover bid
- March 31st: Faust seeks Murphy disqualification in PA Congressional primary
- April 3rd: Judge throws out petition case against Patrick Murphy
- April 4th: University of Florida wins NCAA basketball championship
- April 4th: Berlusconi in trouble over use of bad word - Make up for April 1st
- April 5th: Apple unveils "Boot Camp"; allows Windows to work on Macs
- April 6th: Mckinney apologizes for confrontation with security guard
- April 10th: NASA plans to send probe into Moon's surface
Articles collaborated - 7 days behind
- March 30th: First Brazilian astronaut accompanies ISS replacements
- March 31st: Man receives 30 years in prison for plotting Bush assassination - expanded, date bumped, and published it out of developing.
- April 4th: TV stations are watching the flood in Dresden - Rewrite for English, publish, still needs more work, but OR reporting from DE wikinews.
- April 4th: Collyer brothers to bid for Everton F.C.? - Make up for April 1. Rewording.
- April 5th: Homeland Security spokesman arrested for trying to seduce a minor - Added a paragraph to get past brief stage, published.
- April 6th: Libby says Bush authorized NIE leaks - greatly expanded