Hi, I'm Mike, from Columbus, Ohio USA.
I've just been reading the news for a short time, so I probably need some room to grow. I've always wanted to do something like this, but doing it myself from start to finish is something I don't have time for.
My Info 
Reporter: Mike Danko
Location: Columbus, Ohio USA
Tel/Voicemail: +1 (614) 335 - 4552
- Skype: mikedanko
- Freenode IRC: sk0rd
- SIP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AIM: mrdanko
My Workflow 
Reading the news and getting it uploaded can be a time consuming task at times, so to make things quicker I:
- Find a story I'd like to read
- Feed the URL into a ruby script to create the metadata
- Use Ableton Live to trigger pre-recorded clips for the intro and outtro, recording the story into a second audio channel. The Wikinews theme sits in channel 3. Various audio plugins are used to process my voice and keep levels in check.
- Run an Automator script to encode the story and store it in a good place on my laptop.
- Upload and link. The wikitext was generated at the beginning with the ruby script.
- Send an email template to the podcast email address.
In the end, I find that this method cuts about 30 minutes off my prep time.