From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
notafish : inv. n. from English "not a fish" .
From Delphine, pronounced Delfin [de], or delfín [es] = dolphin, which, as everybody knows, is not a fish but a mammal
NB : notafish does not take a capital "n". Never. Ever.
- Delphine Ménard, French, born in 1971 in .
- I studied two years in the US, one year in Austria and hold a degree in Political sciences and a post graduate degree in international communication and marketing. I worked three years in the wine business, starting in the vineyard and the cellar for wine-making up to selling the wine world-wide. I then changed jobs and started to work as an event manager in 1999, and have been organising conferences, trade-shows, roadshows, concerts, street animations...both BtoB and BtoC ever since. I am a freelancer.
- I speak French of course, English, German, Italian and Spanish, and I live in Germany.
- I joined the projects in October 2004, through the Firefox crew picks, which provided a link to Wikipedia. I started editing the French Wikipedia and joined Commons at its beginnings, attracted by its multilingualism and its diverse community.
- I became an admin on fr in January 2005, an admin on Commons sometimes later that same month. I became an admin on much later.
- The real reason why I joined was because there was no article about Greta Garbo in the French Wikipedia. Now, there is one.
- The reason why I stayed is because I met people, who became friends and who amazed me by their dedication (or was it addiction?). I got involved in Foundation affairs, helped organize Wikimania, got caught up in the whole thing...
- I am interested in working to help the Foundation develop into a structured and strong organisation, able to sustain the projects and what they stand for, ie. free knowledge for all.