AlexS, welcome to Wikinews! Thank you for your contributions; I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! FellowWikiNews (W) 21:55, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
seems we both have an interest in health, I like it! Hope to collaborate with you in the (near) future!
I started here because of the lack of good health articles to put on the English wikipedia Portal:Medicine that I maintain. You can always update that section too, if you care to.
Why your interest in health? RU a physician?
- Thanks for the welcome. Also, I've noticed that you improved a couple of my articles. Thanks for that as well.
- I am not a physician, just interested in health. At this point, I plan to write articles on health and nutrition. If you have ideas for collaboration, certainly let me know.
- Cheers, --AlexS 00:52, 11 September 2006 (UTC)
I recently started Portal:Disease, which appears on top of Category:Disease. The reason was the somewhat irrelevant geographical subcategories of Portal:Health. I started some new categories like Cancer, Obesity, AIDS and infectious disease. I'm planning to make a list of old articles and asking an admin to categorise them. Meanwhile, please add these new categories to any articles you write! It'll put them on the portal automatically.