AstroHurricane-007, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! Jacques Divol 20:29, 1 September 2007 (UTC)
Late edits 
I'm not sure whether to revert your edit to the hurricane story or not. I don't doubt the accuracy of the figure, but that wasn't known on Sept. 3 - the date of the article. --Brian McNeil / talk 17:13, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
- Please don't use Wikipedia-style ref-notation here. It creates a mess. Thanks. --SVTCobra 01:19, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
Hi AstroH, I just wanted to let you know that the way you updated this story doesn't work. You can't just change a number and leave it attributed to a person who didn't actually say it. I thank you for at least referencing a source. However, please see WN:SG and/or WN:CS for how to properly list sources. Cheers, --SVTCobra 01:32, 6 May 2008 (UTC). Added wn:sc --SVTCobra 01:41, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
Please note that the latest Myanmar article is at Death toll from cyclone in Myanmar continues to rise. Any updates should be added to that article. (By the way, you shouldn't edit articles after they have been published for 24 hours). User:Anonymous101
:) 17:46, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
Your update looked fine except that it was to an old article. You should have updated the newer Death toll from cyclone in Myanmar continues to rise article (which may have already contained the info you were adding). We don't update old articles, just like newspapers don't change what they printed yesterday. Cheers, --SVTCobra 21:17, 6 May 2008 (UTC)