DizzyStar, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Reviewing articles - how articles pass through editorial review
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! --Brian McNeil / talk 08:26, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
Please see Wikinews:Reviewing articles. Generally only editors/reviewers should review articles. But thanks for being quick about it :) DragonFire1024 (Talk to the Dragon) 03:56, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- Per IRC- Dragon's not out to get you - but by your own admission you are new here. I think Dragon just wants you to get a better feel for things before you start reviewing. Reviews are supposed to be our final line of defense to stop copyright violations, style problems, etc. You need to make sure you've read and understood the rules, policies, etc. Items like WN:SG for example. Another way you can think of it is in a print newspaper, the most senior/experienced member is the editor. So... We appreciate your eagerness, I saw you wrote an article too, and while that might not make it - keep up the good work. It is hard to get into these things, but with a little perseverance, you'll do just fine. --ShakataGaNai ^_^ 06:02, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
Table Code 
Per your request.
Great work on the article. That was the first time I've collaborated with some one to write an article. The article made it the the main lead as well. Well done and I hope to maybe collaborate with you again. --RockerballAustralia (talk) 07:59, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
2009 AFL Grand Final 
Lets do it. I'm happy to do a half each.
Also see my article Australian rules football: West Gippsland Latrobe Football League Grand Final for ideas --RockerballAustralia (talk) 23:06, 19 September 2009 (UTC)