User talk:Icelandic Hurricane
Icelandic Hurricane, welcome to Wikinews! Thank you for your contributions; I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! Doldrums 03:17, 6 October 2006 (UTC)
hi, just wanted to let u know that, as the Style guide says, Template:Dateline is meant to be used only for articles which include Original reporting. for articles compiled from other news sources, Template:date shld be used. Doldrums 15:40, 6 October 2006 (UTC)
Your question on the main page was answered. to recap: theres about 42 admins (I belive. this doesn't include bots, Brion or Jimbo, alot of them are inactive.). General critaria is to be here for at least a month, and be trusted enough to get people to vote for you. See WN:A for more info. Bawolff ☺☻ 00:50, 13 October 2006 (UTC)
Your First Award
- Usually it isn't, but you've made some great contributions. Now you may want to copy/paste that awawrd to your talk page. If you need anything everyone is here to help! Thunderhead(talk) 02:12, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
Hey, Icelandic Hurricane. I'm editing Wikinews instead of Wikipedia now. Sugarpine 01:08, 13 November 2006 (UTC)
I do consider the article breaking news, as it's serious to Cuba and the USA. Sugarpine 01:12, 13 November 2006 (UTC)