Ixfd64, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Reviewing articles - how articles pass through editorial review
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! Cirt (talk) 21:48, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
Late edits 
This article is now 2 days old; unlike Wikipedia we don't constantly update things. Once 36-48 hours old only minor non-content corrections (eg spelling or grammar) should be made. Wikinews aims to have a 'snapshot' of what was known at the time, and articles slide off the front page being - in an ideal world - archived (See WN:ARCHIVE) when a week old. --Brian McNeil / talk 08:42, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- OK, that makes sense. Are there any ways to correct factual errors without starting a new article? The problem is that most people never read talk pages. --Ixfd64 (talk) 18:44, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
Hi. Just noting, we go out of our way to not build specific death tolls into headlines, partly because it's undesirable to rename an article after publication (it causes duplicate entries in some feeds). --Pi zero (talk) 21:50, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- All right, I'll keep that in mind next time. --Ixfd64 (talk) 22:05, 14 December 2012 (UTC)