Milomedes, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! → CGorman (Talk) 17:21, 26 August 2005 (UTC)
- Quoted from User talk:SVTCobra:
- "This is a guideline for proposing an article. ...--SVTCobra" I did see that page, and quickly determined that I did not have time to propose an article. I was getting ready to depart when I saw on the main page an alternative as follows:
- "Start a new article ... To report on a news event, check if it is already being covered. If not, write a quick brief or enter a good headline below to start a full article."
- I entered the headline as it says. Now, if that's wrong, and just entering a headline isn't welcome, then the main page needs to be clarified to reflect actual policy. Quoted timestamp: Milo 01:14, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
- No, you didn't do anything wrong. That's why your article is still in the Wikinews:Newsroom as "developing" and not "disputed." I have even added a source myself. But now that you are back online, perhaps you can add to your article. --SVTCobra 01:34, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
- "No, you didn't do anything wrong. ...--SVTCobra" Thanks, glad to hear it. Milo 18:23, 23 March 2007 (UTC)