Newshybrid059, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! Bawolff ☺☻ 22:16, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
[cp from my talk]
Hey Bawolff i know your probably very busy at the moment so please don't rush to answer this i just wanted to know if my articles are okay? ty --Newshybrid059 - (talk) 01:20, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- I'd be happy to comment. Just give me a moment to read them. Bawolff ☺☻ 01:25, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- The main issue I see is that generally news articles are longer. Usually articles are at least 3 paragraphs. Alternatively shorter articles are sometimes combined into news briefs (all the short articles of the day in one article). See for example Wikinews Shorts: March 27, 2007. Other than that there are a some formating and grammer issues. Formatting is easily fixed by others, especially when you're still learning your way arround. One other thing is that one citing sources, its best to find the direct source. For example yahoo news mirrors (copies) other websites. its best to cite the original website instead of yahoo (See how i changed it on your Serbia article). Hope that helped. Bawolff ☺☻ 01:52, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
ok ty bawolff --Newshybrid059 - (talk) 02:25, 10 May 2008 (UTC)