Hello, your recent edits were assumed to be a test of th Wikinews system.
SqueakBox, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! -- Davodd | Talk 19:35, 8 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Your (deleted) story 
I didn't delete the story; an Administrator did. I did remove the dead link from the front page because there was no story there anymore. You may want to ask the same question in the Wikinews:Water cooler and discover why the story was deleted. I do not know the reason, personally. -- Davodd | Talk 20:19, 8 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- It seems to have been restored - I re-added a link to it - it is now on the Copyedit section of the Front Page. -- Davodd | Talk 20:32, 8 Jan 2005 (UTC)
The story I marked for deletion 
To be honest, I don't quite understand your article, but basically our work is public domain, so anyone can copy it and do what they want with it. Dan100 21:27, 8 Jan 2005 (UTC)
The sources are missing 
Please explain your comments re Honduran article?--Squeakfox 14:49, 8 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- I did not say anything for/against the article. I just asked for the sources so we can check the story. -- Carlosar 23:13, 8 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Re: Security ProNews use of Wikinews articles creates deletion chaos 
In reference to your comment, I didn't mark it for deletion, I merely pointed out the link to Security ProNews while trying to find more information on the story. Sorry for the confusion. - Samatheson 06:31, 9 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Your article(s) 
Okay, I understand this article is very important for you. As I've discussed with several others here, it sounds like an excellent story, and we have attempted to find corroborating stories elsewhere to support and expand it. We have been unable to find verifiable sources.
If you could please locate other supporting sources for your article, I would greatly appreciate it.
You said previously, when asked for sources, that your article was primarily taken from the Security ProNews site. Obviously if your article is drawn from another we would like to see that other article. We don't have a problem with articles which re-state the information from another, but we generally cannot allow exact quoting. In the United States (where our servers are located), an article which copies another is illegal unless you have permission from the copyright holder.
Articles which are written on Wikinews are released into the public domain, which gives others permission to copy the articles.
- I will be removing the copyvio, and reverting the article to its former state, and I apologize for the mistake and confusion. The dif caused the confusion, as Sametheson's addition was mistaken as yours - stating where you had found the text rather than Sametheson's stating he had found a similar article. The creation date on Security ProNews is still available (via the search) and shows 2005-01-07 creation date, after the 2005-01-04 Wikinews creation date.
- I apologize again for the error in marking this article as a copyright violation. - Amgine 01:42, 11 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Just wanted to keep you up to date with the issue about the auto-unblock. This feature is currently broken on all Wikimedia projects. I will be keeping a much closer watch on the block system due to this issue. - Amgine 00:51, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Now I have to apologize for misinformation; the developers said they fixed it earlier today. - Amgine 00:55, 12 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Something you might be interested in knowing 
There is now a Spanish-language Wikinews as well: http://es.wikinews.org I think your name was on the list of people asking for the es.Wikinews, so wanted to make sure you were updated on the progress of the project. - Amgine 22:36, 29 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Changing an article's title 
An article's title may be changed without creating a new version of the article by using the "move" tab. This will ask you what the new article name should be, then changes the article's name and creates a redirect at the old article name. Using this technique is preferred because it preserves the article's history of contributors and development.
This is not an issue for this particular article of course, I'm just writing this in case you need to do this again in the future. It will save having to delete an article, and is actually easier for you to do. - Amgine 16:49, 9 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Adding an article to the main page. 
An article is not added to the main page directly, but to the Wikinews archives pages. In turn, the archives pages are shown on the main page for a limited period of time as "latest news".
This link should always point to the current day's archive, where you can add your articles. A link to add an article to the current archive is also always available through the article workspace, as has been the case since early January at least.
By the way, why are you using "SqueakBox" when your account name is Squeakfox? I'm just curious. - Amgine 03:23, 4 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- I should change it. I am SqueakBox at Wikipedia (having originally been squeakfox there) as well as elsewhere. box is my dog, nd I had called him Fox but my Spanish speaking partner misheard me and was calling him Box for months till i realised, hence the name change on a general level. must get back into wikinews, Squeakfox 19:23, 1 Jun 2005 (UTC)