Theshibboleth, welcome to Wikinews! Thank you for your contributions; I hope you like the place and decide to stay! If you haven't done so already, you may want to create an account.
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! Dan100 (Talk) 14:05, August 19, 2005 (UTC)
Hey Theshibboleth! I'm in Orange County and go to college up north of L.A. in Santa Clarita! How's it going? Great work with your editing today! See you around, NGerda 07:23, August 20, 2005 (UTC)
I think I may have missed you in the Wikinews Chat. Try typing something in, and that will notify me that you are there. :) -- NGerda 08:00, August 20, 2005 (UTC)
- Hey, how's it going? I see you're doing some nice work this morning. :) I'm on IRC if you want to talk. -- NGerda 17:36, August 20, 2005 (UTC)
Which side is inverted?
I would have to say.... the left side. :P -- NGerda 02:08, August 21, 2005 (UTC)
- Indeed. Theshibboleth 02:29, 21 August 2005 (UTC)
- Mwoohaha! I am brilliant. ;) -- NGerda 02:30, August 21, 2005 (UTC)
Taking a short break from Wikinews
I've found out that school comes back into session significantly sooner than I had thought, and so I'm going to have to take a short break from my activities on Wikinews to finish all the summer work I am supposed to. Hopefully I'll be back in full force within a week. Theshibboleth 08:37, 26 August 2005 (UTC)
- The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. I have finished the difficult part of my summer work and am going to begin writing new articles today. Theshibboleth 07:12, 1 September 2005 (UTC)
Hi there, I saw what you wrote on Ngerda's page about working for Wikinews for school credits. At the moment I'm working on a project to help people build up a portfolio to prove what they have done and particularly to demonstrate the sort of skills that they would need as journalists. I wondered if you might like to be a guinea pig? I haven't uploaded anything yet but should be able to by the end of the week. So far I've based it mainly on the sort of skills you need to prove in British journalism training exams but it would also be useful to know what you have to demonstrate to your school? ClareWhite 11:30, 1 September 2005 (UTC)
hope you don't mind
- I'm trying to put all redesign and variations of things in category:Sandbox to keep them all together. I was refering to User:Theshibboleth/Main Page in the above comment. Bawolff ☺☻ 22:54, 30 November 2005 (UTC)
I looked at Bush fires threaten neighborhoods in Brentwood, Los Angeles - sorry, but i don't think its ready to be published yet. see its talk page. Bawolff ☺☻ 21:32, 8 July 2009 (UTC)