Timc, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! → CGorman (Talk) 14:14, 3 Apr 2005 (UTC)
I'd love to have time to work on that with you... but unfortunately I don't. I'll jump in and help out with edits now and then though. Mostly I'm in and out of articles, doing clean up. But I was really impressed with your live updating of the scores today!
By the way, I noticed you hadn't added your articles to the main archives. These are located at [[Wikinews:2005/Monthname/day]], with the month and day being when the article was written. I've added the two you just put on sports though. - Amgine 03:02, 6 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Just wanted to pop in and say how much I appreciate your tracking of the baseball stats! A couple of people have mentioned it to me - including at the conference I just attended in Texas. <grin> Great work! - Amgine 01:40, 14 Apr 2005 (UTC)
For your inspiration, and your edits...
Your example with the Baseball scores is spinning off various football followers, and other sport leagues! plus your many edits on articles... you're an all-around good role model. Thanks! - Amgine/talk 05:26, 4 May 2005 (UTC)