|This is a Wikinews talk page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wikinews, you are viewing a mirror site. Please be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikinews itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/User_talk:Wayfarer.
Wayfarer, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! -- NGerda 00:54, July 26, 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks NGerda for a friendly welcoming message. Yes, in my opinion, Wiki is definitely a great community of "spare-time contributors" to the general "common good".
Best regards Wayfarer | on July 27, 2005 at 4:00 GMT
Re: A question 
- Well I did link to it on your talk-page. It was that article about the Tomaž Humar's rescue. However, now I see that you just modified/shortened it to the "original" version, i.e. you just deleted all that new text regarding the Pakistani pilots. You see, I was comparing the two verisons' history and I thought that you totally shortened the article, making it a some kind of stub. It's my bad, sorry.
- regards Wayfarer | on August 27, 2005 at 13:30 GMT
cat in userpage 
can u please change the Category:Wikipedians in Slovenia on ur user page to, in accordance with current conventions on the use of categories for user related info. thanks, Doldrums 09:17, 29 August 2006 (UTC)
- Okay, it's done! Best regards Wayfarer | on September 17, 2006