Welcome to the Wikinews Quiz of 2007 - extended version, giving you a chance to test your knowledge on the news of the past year. This will replace the regular World News Quiz for this week only.
December 31, 2007
1. Which character was accused of punching a teenager at Disney World?
2. Momofuku Ando was the subject of tributes in Japan and across the world when he passed away in January. What was his famous invention?
3. Which country shot down one of its satellites with a missile?
6. A teacher was arrested for doing what in front of her students?
7. In the UK, bird flu killed thousands of what type of bird?
8. Scientists expressed concerns over the mysterious Colony Collapse Disorder this month. Which species does it affect?
10. Journalist Alan Johnston went missing in the Gaza Strip. Who was he a reporter for?
11. What event was organised in Belgium to challenge racism?
12. In the US, the Mega Millions lottery had its largest ever jackpot. How much was up for grabs?
14. Which company did Google decide to buy for over $3 billion?
15. Why were over a thousand people evacuated from Plymouth, England?
16. The US Coast Guard seized a large amount of cocaine in raids off the coast of Mexico and Panama. What was its street value?
18. The British Ministry of Defence announced it was going to release some of its files on which topic?
19. Why did the UN have to stop supplying aid to Somalia in May?
20. A man in Egypt tried to take 700 _____s on a plane.
22. Which celebrity was in and out of jail this month?
23. Sony found itself the target of complaints over the computer game Resistance: Fall of Man. What location had they used for a gun fight that led to anger?
24. Which Australian location was added to the list of World Heritage Sites?
26. What animal living in a residential home was reportedly able to sense impending death?
27. Two earthquakes struck which country, leading to leaks of radioactive material from a nuclear power plant?
28. Which former First Lady of the United States passed away in July?
30. What did two German physicists claim to have done this month?
31. 11-year-old Rhys Jones was shot in which UK city?
32. What disease hit Australia in August?
33. Which country won the inaugural Eurovision Dance Contest?
34. Of the following, who did not die in September?
35. Which country won the 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup?
36. Which British bank received emergency loans from the Bank of England?
37. What major transport project was approved in London?
38. In China, what is Wekipedia?
39. Which airplane began flying commercially this month?
40. Leonid Hurwicz, Eric S. Maskin and Roger B. Myerson won a Nobel Prize "for having laid the foundations of mechanism design theory". But which Nobel Prize did they win?
42. Where were eight people killed in a school shooting?
43. Who told Hugo Chávez to "shut up"?
44. How old was Evel Knievel when he died?
45. A video was released to the media of a Polish immigrant who died at the Vancouver International Airport in Canada. What weapon did officers use against this man?
46. What animal escaped at a San Francisco zoo, killing one person?
47. Belgium finally managed to form a government, after how many days?
48. Rail service restarted between North and South Korea this month. How long had it been suspended for?
49. Who will take over the Pakistani opposition party PPP following the death of Benazir Bhutto?
50. Approximately how many stories were published by Wikinews in 2007?
51. For what purposes can you reuse Wikinews content, as long as you attribute it to Wikinews?