Wikinews:Tsunami Help/Aid Agencies/Other Donation Links
WARNING: Due to the Wikinews's open and collaborative nature, it cannot guarantee the veracity of outside links or the absence of possible scams involving charities, thus the potential danger of fraud exists. In particular, beware of bogus organizations that have names similar to those of well-known aid agencies. Also beware of unsolicited emails that ask for your donation online. For those who want to make a donation, the most secure channels are established web sites and well-publicized telephone hotlines.
U.K.'s famous Asian Radio station "Sunrise Radio" is accepting donations as well. Please visit
- posted by neha vish : 1:35 AM 0 comments
See News Updates under the section "Andamans" for more information about the work being done by SEEDS.
Mode of Donation: Bank Transfer to Account Name: SEEDS Account Number: 52810165100 Bank: Standard Chartered Bank, M-1, South Extension Part-II, New Delhi, INDIA Or Crossed cheque or bank draft in the name of `SEEDS’ Send to SEEDS, D-6, Panchsheel Enclave, New Delhi - 110017
Do let us know the amount, mode and date of your donation, so that we can track it and make sure it reaches us fast. Also mail us your full contact details. We need it for our records, and it will also enable us to update you later.
Our Relief Center/Posko Kita BANDA ACEH www.posko.org
OUR RELIEF CENTER/POSKO KITA has been established in Banda Aceh by Indonesian NGOs including Perempuan Peka, Solidaritas Perempuan (Women's Solidarity), YBUL, NADI. They are coordinating closely with other relief efforts including those of IDEP, MSF, Walhi and Greenpeace. Posko Kita has set up a refuge, medical facility, soup kitchen and communications and volunteer coordination center. Their goal is to generate and oversee the smooth deployment of 500 volunteers.
Posko Kita is an all-volunteer network operating in Sumatra (Banda Aceh, Medan) and Jakarta with close links to extensive networks of community activists. In the last three days, over 150 volunteers have begun arriving in Banda Aceh. Their goal is to have a weekly total of 500 volunteers, primarily from local communities in Sumatra, including fishing villages. They have also recruited doctors. They have mapped out the location and number of refugee camps, number of people occupying the camps and their needs. They are in the process of assisting the set-up of a field clinic and a field kitchen. With time, their focus will increasingly fall on the specific needs of women and children who are often underserved in these circumstances.
Posko Kita activities
- identification, training, coordination, allocation of volunteers
- focus on volunteers from Sumatra,including villagers and fishers,nurses, doctors; coordination of volunteers from Medan and Jakarta;
- obtaining and distribution of supplies: food, medical supplies, gloves, masks, body bags
- operation of soup kitchen, field clinic
- finding of missing activists
Posko Kita is coordinating with many NGO efforts including:
- The Rainbow Warrior, a Greenpeace ship carrying Medecins Sans Frontieres staff, medical supplies, doctors and sanitation experts currently heading for Aceh. Under the direction of MSF Belgium, the Rainbow Warrior will work in the coastal areas of North Sumatra and Aceh for a month.
- An Australian surf company based in Padang, West Sumatra with two 60 ton vessels available for emergency relief.
Your support is urgently needed
Please go to www.poskokita.org for information on how to contribute.