Wikinews Shorts: November 30, 2010
A compilation of brief news reports for Tuesday, November 30, 2010.
President of Cyrpus cancels visit to Kazakhstan due to illness 
The Cyprus has cancelled a state visit to Kazakhstan after he fell ill. Christofias was in Libya when he fell ill on Monday. He was attending a European Union–African summit at the time. It has been announced that the President will miss tomorrow's European security meeting in Kazakhstan.of
- "Cyprus president falls ill, cancels trip to European security meeting in Kazakhstan" — , November 30, 2010
- "Cyprus President flown home after illness" — , November 30, 2010
Mali immigrant killed in French Taser shooting 
An immigrant from Mali has died after he was shot twice by French police. The unidentified man, 38 was Tasered twice when he attacked police with a hammer in an apartment block after he was asked to show his papers. Interior Minister said "From initial reports it seems that, faced with the aggression and violence of this person, police officers were obliged to use an electric charge pistol."
A death inquiry has been opened to investigate the man's death.
- "Mali man dies after French police use Taser" — , November 30, 2010
- "Mali immigrant dies after French police Taser him twice" — , November 30, 2010
Italian film director Mario Monicelli commits suicide age 95 
Italian film directorhas committed suicide in his hospital room. The 95-year-old jumped out of his room's window while he was being treated for prostate cancer. A spokeswomen from the Giovanni hospital announced his death. Monicelli directed numerous films in the 1950s and 60's. Some of his films include and .
- "Italian cinema great Mario Monicelli kills himself" — , November 30, 2010
- "Mario Monicelli, Italian Director, Dies at 95" — , November 29, 2010