Wikinews Shorts: September 29, 2010
A compilation of brief news reports for Wednesday, September 29, 2010.
Landslide buries 30 people in Colombia 
Around 30 people have been buried in a landslide in the municipality of Colombia. Many of the people buried were bus passengers who were walking across a road that had previously been blocked off by another landslide. The locations of those trapped have been determined by sniffer dogs, but it could still take several days before rescuers can reach them. Heavy rain is believed to be a factor in the landslide., ,
While visiting the scene, Presidentsaid that "[w]e are doing everything we can to find them."
- "Landslide buries 30 in north-western Colombia" — , September 29, 2010
- "Heavy Rain a Factor in Colombia Landslide" — , September 29, 2010
Maatia Toafa named as new prime minister of Tuvalu 
has been declared the new . The Prime Minister of is chosen by the Tuvalun Parliament, via secret ballot. Toafa won this ballot eight votes to seven, defeating runner up . He replaces former Prime Minister who has held the post since 2006. This is Toafa's second term as prime minister; he previously held the post between 2004 and 2006.
- "Toafa wins Tuvalu’s prime ministership for second time" — , September 29, 2010
- "New Prime Minister for Tuvalu" — , September 29, 2010
- "Apisai Ielemia" — , September 29, 2010
Former Pakistan defence minister Rao Sikandar Iqbal dies aged 67 
Former Pakistani politicianhas died at the age of 67 from kidney failure. At various points in his political career, Sikandar held the position of ; Federal Minister for Food, Agriculture and Cooperatives; and the Federal Minister of Sports, Culture and Tourism. He was also a founding member of the . Tributes have been paid to him by President and Prime Minister .
- "Former Defence Minister Rao Sikandar dies" — , September 29, 2010
- "President, PM condole Rao Sikandars demise" — , September 29, 2010