Wikinews interviews John Taylor Bowles, National Socialist Order of America candidate for US President
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
While nearly all cover of the 2008 Presidential election has focused on the Democratic and Republican candidates, the race for the White House also includes independents and third party candidates. These parties represent a variety of views that may not be acknowledged by the major party platforms.
As a non-partisan news source, Wikinews has impartially reached out to these candidates, throughout the campaign. The most recent of our interviews is Laurens, South Carolina's John Taylor Bowles. Mr. Bowles is running with the endorsement of the National Socialist Order of America, a Minnesota-based Neo-Nazi party created after a recent rift in the National Socialist Movement.
Why do you want to be President?
- I am running as "The White People's Candidate" for President of the USA in 2008 because I believe that America has changed for the worse because the once-dominate White European-American is being reduced to second-class citizen status and losing political power. Much of the present American Southwest is reverting to a Spanish speaking Mexican culture, with Puerto Ricans breeding faster than Blacks in New York City, and Cuban refugees still crowding into Florida it is possible that North America may soon look like South America. White Americans need to start voting as a bloc and not as individuals if they are to have an effective voice in government or America will turn into a third world country.
Have you ever run for political office before?
- Yes, in 1984, I ran as a Baltimore City convention delegate to the Republican Party Convention. In 1983, I ran for the Baltimore City Republican Party Steering Committee and came in fourth out of five candidates.
Have you ever been a member of a political party, other than the one you're currently in?
- Yes, I was an official supporter of the National Socialist White People’s Party (currently known as the NEW ORDER) from 1974 through 2004. In 2004, I switched to the National Socialist Movement (NSM) and served as its National Election Director and held the rank of Captain until October 19, 2007, when the National Socialist Movement officially split because NSM Commander Jeff Schoep wasn’t supporting my candidacy and was sabotaging the election campaign, plus displaying bad character that was becoming known publicly. Honorable NSM members left and formed the National Socialist Order of America (nsoa88.com). I currently serve as the National Election Director for the National Socialist Order of America and its 2008 Presidential candidate as well.
Have you ever campaigned for another political candidate?
- Yes, in 1975, I served as campaign manager and treasurer to Baltimore City Council candidate Wolfgang Schrodt. Mr. Schrodt was the first National Socialist (NAZI) candidate to win a primary election in the USA and enter an American general election. He lost the election but received 12% of the White vote.
What is your current job?
- I am a retired federal officer of the United States Department of Agriculture.
What skills or ideas do you bring from this position, or previous positions, that will benefit the Oval Office?
- As a former federal officer of the United States Department of Agriculture and United States Air Force, I know the inner-workings of the federal government in all areas and familiar with the enforcement of its laws and regulations. In addition, I was elected as a union representation of one of America's largest unions: United Auto Workers, Local #1400. Being a union representative taught valuable skills regarding labor. Lastly, I have been a White political activist for over 34 years and raised a family and know the problems that the average White family must endure.
Obviously, the next American President and his or her administration will face many diverse issues. But if you were to narrow identify the three most important issues, what would they be? How will you address these issues?
- 1.) Illegal immigration.
- The federal government must adopt a zero tolerance policy regarding any illegal immigrant and remove them from American soil immediately. Also, the illegal immigrants crossing the southern border is a military problem and the USA military should be patrolling it.
- 2.) Iraq War.
- The federal government has lied to its citizens regarding the Iraq War and needs to pull all troops out of Iraq and help Iraq rebuild its infrastructure. As President, I would pull all military troops out of every foreign country and close every military base outside the USA to save taxpayers money and put them on the USA borders to guard and assist in natural disasters when they occur. The current President needs to be put on trial for constitutional violations and crimes against humanity.
- 3.) Health care.
- The first step in medical reform and the medical insurance is giving American citizens who are workers and life-long taxpayers first preference in medical care and services. No taxpaying American person who suffers a costly, life-threatening illness in his/her family should face bankruptcy or loss of his home while even one illegal alien gets free medical care.
Campaigning for the American presidency is one of the most expensive exercises in the world. How do you deal with the cost and fundraising?
- My campaign is financed by grassroots supporters throughout the USA. I won’t accept any corporation donations or any type of donation not allowed by the Federal Election Commission. My controversial politics draws donations from exposure on the Internet.
Do you have a running mate yet? Who are they? What are you/were you looking for in a running mate?
- I had a Vice-Presidential candidate when the campaign officially began on December 7, 2006; but, unfortunately he was killed in a mysterious automobile accident 10 hours later. His name was William (Wild Bill) and he served in the USA military and was decorated with over 15 medals. Early in his political life, Mr. Hoff served as Grand Dragon for the Ku Klux Klan in New York and ran for the Senate in New York.
- My second choice for Vice-President was Kris Johnson; but, he was pressured to drop out because the NSM Commander wanted to sabotage my campaign. I will announce my third vice-presidential running mate choice on my campaign website (Bowlesforpresident.com) probably in March 2008. My running mate will be, of course, a National Socialist.
Can you win the 2008 Presidential election? Can any third party or independent candidate ever win?
- Anything is possible. In American politics, things can swing around in a second. I have always voted for a third party political candidate in every election. Third political parties can win; but, they need to have easier state ballot access laws. Currently, the USA has some of the strictest ballot access laws in the world.
If you can't make it into the Oval Office, who would you prefer seeing taking the presidency?
- One of the reasons I decided to run for President was to give White voters a choice. I don’t think any of the current mainstream party candidates are qualified. Both the Republican Party and Democratic Party are pro-Zionist and working against the best interests of White America.
What should the American people keep in mind, when heading to the polls this November?
- White voters, in particular, should really think about who they are voting for to be their President in 2008. White voters have been transformed into a swarm of middle-class drones carefully being isolated and quarantined from the seats of decision-making and opinion molding. If White people lose control of America there will be no America. Only a National Socialist government can restore America and put it back on course as the White Founding Fathers wanted. Vote and support a National Socialist candidate for President in 2008. White people should not let their country get destroyed and taken from them without a fight!
Related news 
- "National Socialist Movement endorses U.S. presidential candiate" — Wikinews, February 25, 2007
- Bowles for President, official site