Wikinews talk:Arbitration Committee/2011 election
From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Election procedure 
- Since you did mention readjusting dates accordingly, I edited the 2011 election page here to reflect the July 10 date that's been discussed for settling membership of the election committee. Otherwise, this seems merely an elaboration of what's been before us for about two months, and is fine by me.
- I've suggested putting the committee membership and nominations in their own top-level sections at the bottom of the page, figuring they should show on the page's table of contents. I also went so far as to list the names of the two people who have, thus far, said on the policy water cooler they would be willing to serve on the election committee. --Pi zero (talk) 22:28, 4 July 2011 (UTC)
- On-wiki measures I'm aware of:
- May 7, flagged discussion started by User:Brian at Wikinews talk:Arbitration Committee#election proposal '11.
- June 29, water cooler discussion started by User:Pi zero at Wikinews:Water cooler/policy#ArbCom elections.
- --Pi zero (talk) 10:53, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
- A notice should be emailed to a few lists. It should be made as a notice at the central watchlist notification. -- Cirt (talk) 15:44, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
- What mailing lists would you suggest? (I don't know my way around the mailing lists; it was once high on my list of things to do, but my enthusiasm waned when I realized it would involve adding to my plethora of passwords.)