Australian billionaire announces replica Titanic
Monday, April 30, 2012
Australian billionaire mining magnate has announced plans to build a fleet of luxury cruise ships, including a .
Palmer has announced his new company Blue Star Line Pty Ltd has commissioned a close replica of the Titanic from CSC Jinling Shipyard in China. Construction would commence in 2013 and the maiden voyage would be in late 2016.
Palmer said, "It will be every bit as luxurious as the original Titanic but of course it will have state-of-the-art 21st century technology and the latest navigation and safety systems". When asked if the replica would be unsinkable, Palmer said "Of course it will sink if you put a hole in it. It will be designed as a modern ship with all the technology to ensure that doesn't happen."
- Marissa Calligeros. "Clive Palmer plans to build Titanic II" — , April 30, 2012
- "Australian billionaire Clive Palmer to build Titanic II" — , April 30, 2012
- "Tycoon's Titanic II will make maiden voyage from UK to NY" — , April 30, 2012
- "Aussie mining magnate plans to build Titanic II" — , April 30, 2012
- Elisabeth Behrmann. "Titanic II to Be Built by Billionaire Palmer" — , April 29, 2012