Comments:'Freedom Tower' renamed '1 World Trade Center'
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
That name was nothing more than a representation of the jingoistic ignorance Americans had drilled into them about what the extremists' motivations behind the attacks were. -- 126.96.36.199 22:07, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- It isn't quite as 'up there' as renaming French Fries to Freedom Fries. That one was utterly retarded. They're called French Fries because "Frenching" is the cooking method, nothing to do with the country of origin. Belgians generally try to lay claim to inventing the "Frite", and then they drown them in mayonnaise. --Brian McNeil / talk 22:16, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
Still going to call it Freedom Tower or better yet Suck this Mohammad tower :D .--188.8.131.52 16:40, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
- Mohammed couldn't suck a shot of Jagermister out of a 13-year-old's belly button. --Brian McNeil / talk 14:12, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
1 world trade center
well..name really doesn't matter..it is the courage and patriotism which we show to the world when some evil befall us.. our bravery to fight back the terrorism..and our actions matters.if we will give a tough time to the perpetrators and if we stand united against those heinous creatures then WHAT's IN A NAME????????????? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
Their building, let them name it what they want.
This new name is quite disgusting. Nice try in reshaping the whole "one world order" into something good. The Freedom tower was a much better name but I guess at this point the "leaders" of this country agree we are no longer a free nation but a 1 world nation...