Comments:27 dead after consuming poisonous alcohol
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
I love how some of the smaller nations have successfully banned alcohol! Ideally, Alcohol and Tobacco should be banned everywhere, but that would be very hard to implement.
Tobacco seriously pollutes the air, slowly kills smokers, 2nd hand smoke hurts people around smokers. Oh, gotta remember what it does to your teeth in ten or twenty years
Alcohol wastes people's time, money, hurts their livers and causes abhorrent behavior; many crimes are influenced by alcohol, besides DRUNK DRIVING.
Both of these harmful substances are quite addictive, so I won't take any attacks on me for being against what the commenter is addicted to, personally. Contralya 14:07, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
Perhaps Allah is teaching them a lesson for drinking alcohol during the holiest month of the Islamic calender? You gotta admit, that's pretty ironic (if not dark).
Yea! I am sure many people see it that way. Contralya 16:12, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
- Actually adults have the right to make their own choices, when allowed to make legal choices like smoking or drinking. I smoke but I do it by choice. Because I am of legal age. And the government would have to supply my habit for me or would have to face millions of people on serious withdraws. DragonFire1024 (Talk to the Dragon) 16:15, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
- Like I said, you couldn't just ban it. People would have to undergo recovery from the addiction. And few governments would undergo the change due to it being unpopular and hard to enforce (and the fact that the people in the government probably use em too) and it would cost a lot to help that many people recover. About that right to make a choice, what about all of the people exposed to the 2nd hand smoke, which by the way, is more deadly than what smokers inhale. And what about people ran over by drunk drivers? Like I said, I don't take it personally, you're addicted. Lots of people think only they are at risk when they smoke. Don't smoke around children, O.k.? I remember hearing about infants dying from 2nd hand smoke.Contralya 16:53, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
Alcohol is banned, But a tongue can not be.
Alcohol is a banned substance and can be found in many holy books. It can be taken for medicinal use. But not like this for parties. Though my argument is not practical, But it is true and it has to be followed by every citizen of any nation. It's not the case of Pakistan or some other. Especially, During this Ramzaan (Ramzan or Ramdaan) season, no Muslim is expected to take alcohol. They have their own respect towards God. And it is prohibited in Alcoran or Koran. Taking or serving alcohol is a practice from ancient times. Many rulers used that while parties. When it is home made, then The preparation and composition of it had to be maintained so that they would have been out of danger.
- Alcohol for medicinal use ahe? Reminds me of something I saw on the history channel. During the American civil war, they didn't have anesthetics or anesthesia. They gave lots of alcohol to the people they had to amputate limbs from. Ouch! I can't get the image of someone sawing someone's leg off while they are fully aware and awake! Contralya 17:13, 21 September 2007 (UTC)