Comments:Germany threatens to walk out of UN General Assembly if Ahmadinejad denies the Holocaust
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
The UN is so messed up...they allow illegitimate leaders like Ahmadinejad to propagate anti-Semitic and racist beliefs, while refuse to acknowledge people like the President of the ROC that are actually elected in REAL elections and have actual legitimacy.
- Thats the UN, if you hate jews you have a home. But if you support democracy gtfo!--22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:44, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- UN may be a joke but its the best we got, much better than US (or now china), just doing whatever they want and ignoring everybody else.--126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:51, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
I think it's more like practical considerations, such as the fact that the PRC controls the Mainland whereas the ROC (Taiwan) controls an island, and Ahmadinejad is the leader of Iran, illegitimate or not. De facto status almost always triumphs de jure. --188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:59, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- If that were the case, wouldn't Taiwan be represented?
When will politicians start learning from the internet? Disconnecting to avoid trolls is exactly what the kind of reaction they want. They know they's trollan, they know you know they's trollan. The UN needs to stand strong together and condemn Ahmadinejad's faggotry. He's a puppet, a figure head, and even he know's it: let him know you know it too. Let him speak, give him the respect he deserves as a national representative, and the minute he starts getting anti Semitic laugh his ass off the stage. Forget booing, forget being indignant, show the world how much you can't take this guy seriously.
The Nazis also killed:
2–3 million Soviet POWs
1.8–2 million Ethnic Poles
2,500–5,000 Jehovah's Witnesses
Please do not forget them in any mention of The Holocaust.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the unneccesary comic figure of the political world. the recent election itself showed that his hold over his own country is slipping. to have the courage and come out in the open against a tyranical regime, itself shows that the people have lost what ever patience they had with this monkey.
- I made an edit as such and it was accepted, apparently there is still debate over what holocaust means, anyway the edit was accepted and the updated version says "jews and other minorities", perhaps just "minorities" or "minorities (indlucing jews)" would be better but after reading the wiki article on holocaust i felt that would be too controversial, but to discuss the wording i think collaboration is the appropriate "tab". (note: corrected your formatting).--184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:49, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
- The difference between the Jews and those other groups isn't a numerical thing as much as it is an intent thing. Hitler disliked those groups, but the Jews were specifically targeted, not for deportation, but for straight-out extermination. It was the culmination of millenia of anti-semitism, all curdled up into this one huge event. While there were non-Jews killed, the Holocaust is a uniquely Jewish event.
The problem is that Ahmadinejad's ignorance of the Holocaust has been echoed by others primarily on "The Arab Street"... Is this minority opinion indicative of the state of public education in those countries?