Comments:UN criticises Israel's latest settlement plan, angry reaction from US and UK
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
I find it difficult to understand why these conflicts continuially require outside intervention from other countries. Our country, the United States of America, has enough turmoil going on with in to warrant our leaders full attention. Thus, I wonder what effect are we looking to gain from the intervention. Is there some reason Israel and Palestine are not able to resolve their issues to the benefit of their population, or is this another power struggle that has absolutely no benefit to the people. This continual struggle causes the hate to grow and it is not founded on anything other than _____, what? Enlighten me...
- The occupation would end overnight should the U.S end military aid to Israel. We fund their military, use Israel as a military base for Middle East operations, and in return support the occupation militarily and diplomatically. Does the U.S really care about settlements? If they did they would cut short a few of the billions of dollars of aid that we give them annually making them the largest recipient of U.S aid worldwide.Soapy (talk) 20:06, 19 November 2009 (UTC)
- Its comforting to believe dropping US aid would end the occupation, but keep in mind Israel once attacked a US warship because they were not certain the US would support them in their war with Egypt. Israel has plans to continue on without US support, a solution is not as simple as just dropping aid concessions cant be forced they have to be negotiated. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:00, 19 November 2009 (UTC)
Honestly, the U.S dosent really care.
if they were -actually- going to so something, they would have Stoped giving them aid/weapons. It mihgt not work, but it would have at least have made the U.S Look less....Corrupt maybe? Instead, thye act like the the person who has to employ the person who pays their salaries child.